The purpose of a crawl space evaluation is to identify problems in your crawl space, or factors that could lead to problems later on. When one of our specialists comes out for your FREE crawl space evaluation, they will be looking for any of the following variables on this list:
- Signs of insect or small animal infestations and any resulting damage done.
- Evidence of moisture damage. These include dampness in the insulation, condensation, and structures that are beginning to warp.
- Sightings of mold growth anywhere in the crawl space, including musty smells.
- Problems with the wiring of the home or plumbing systems.
- Proof of hazardous materials commonly found in a crawl space such as asbestos or formaldehyde.
- Status and quality of any current vapor barriers from previous installations.
These things are only some of what our competent crawl space professionals look for while evaluating your crawl space. The entryway to the crawl space is the first thing to be assessed, as a number of structures don’t allow for a safe way into the crawl space at all! There can be damage to the door or a host of other obstructions that the homeowner may be calling about in the first place.
Once your Barrier specialist completes the crawl space evaluation, they will discuss the findings with you. Then they help choose the most efficient and effective repair strategies. Discussing our crawl space services might help you better understand the encapsulation process and its benefits.
Feel it’s about time for your crawl space to be seen? Call Barrier Waterproofing Systems (615) 257-1060 | (931) 536-1168 today for a FREE crawl space evaluation and to take the first steps towards increasing the quality of life in your home. Remember, A Healthy Home Starts From Underneath!
We service the Following Areas In Tennessee: Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Clarksville, Lebanon, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, La Vergne, Gallatin, Smyrna, Spring Hill, Dickson, Columbia and Murfreesboro TN.