The Grip-Tite Wall Anchor System is a design professional’s and property owner’s alternative to completely removing and rebuilding basement walls that have become cracked and/or bowed as a result of lateral earth pressures exceeding the design capacity of the wall.
The Grip-Tite® Wall Anchor System utilizes the passive resistance of the exterior soils to resist and counteract the lateral pressures. Other systems are connected to and rely on the floor joists and wood framing of the structure, which are typically not designed to accept these lateral loads. The foundation should support the structure…not the other way around.
The Grip-Tite® Wall Anchor System utilizes an interior wall plate, an exterior earth anchor and a connecting steel rod to stabilize and restore the structural integrity of foundation walls. The hot-dip galvanized (for corrosion protection) wall anchors are spaced along the wall based on wall and back fill conditions and rod extenders can be used to avoid decks, flowerbeds and other landscaping.
When it comes to cracking, bowing or buckling walls, property owners are relieved to discover the structural integrity of a foundation wall can be restored without the expense and inconvenience of rebuilding the entire wall.
Grip-Tite Wall Anchor System Advantages
- In most cases can straighten wall (over time) without excavation
- Limited disturbance to lawn and landscape
- Low-profile wall plate can be easily painted or finished over
- Counteracts pressure on the wall without causing damage to structure (does not rely on the floor joists or wood framing as the reaction)
- Will stabilize bowed, leaning and sheared walls
- Patented product – can only be installed by Manufacturer-Certified Installers